Wednesday, May 29, 2013

UNHAPPY WITH FLICKR?




























Those of you who are Flickr members are aware by now of the draconian changes made to this photo-sharing site.  This post isn't meant to be a rant against Flickr; there is plenty of that on Flickr's own site.  Suffice it to say that I find the new Flickr a visual disaster, and achingly, achingly slow to load.  Frustrating to find my way around.....

Here is a New site I found called IPERNITY.... thanks to my good friend Beth over at BYHOOKBYHAND Blog.

I like it.  It is clean and simple with a user interface very similar to the old Flickr, and with a respect for our photos: treating them as worthy of individual attention, instead of cramming them en mass in our face.  From an aesthetic standpoint, I prefer to view against white instead of black...of course, this might also have something to do with failing eyesight :-)

Choice is good.  I think I am going to choose Ipernity over Flickr for future photo sharing.  I hope some of you will come and play in this new playground.


Link to me:


http://www.ipernity.com/home/314725


Hope all of you will come check us out, and join in on the new photo fun!

No comments: